Happy First Day of Fall! I’m celebrating with a new pattern release, the Apple Crisp Cowl. (Yep — if you’ve discovered me via the recipe, I should probably disclose now that I’m a crochet blogger.)
My little monkeys and I have a tradition of making apple crisp on the first day of our favorite season, and I thought I’d share my personal recipe with you! It’s super easy, which makes it the perfect kid-friendly recipe to make with your own little monkeys. And since I’m not a food blogger, I’m going to skip the dozen step-by-step photos and just give you the recipe. 🙂
Deliciously Simple Apple Crisp
Servings: 9 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium or large apples
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 of an 18.25oz butter-flavored cake mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup real butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (f). Grease the bottom of an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
2. Peel, core and slice your apples, and spread them out evenly on the bottom of your pan. Pour the water over the top.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the dry topping ingredients, then add the melted butter and mix again.
4. Grab a spoon and eat a bite or two. No one will know.
5. Crumble the mixture over the top of your apples. Put the pan in on the center rack of the preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Apple crisp is done when the topping has a nice golden brown coloring. Remove from oven and let cool for a bit, then serve with ice cream if desired.